All applications must be received via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®). You may request an ERAS Application kit through your US medical school.
The deadline for submitting applications is the first Friday in November. Once your application is complete (including all supporting documents/references), it will be reviewed by our selection committee and selected applicants will be invited for an interview. Approximately 30% of all applicants are invited to interview.
Examples of documents and references:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Transcripts from Medical School
- Dean’s Letter
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE Scores
Following are criteria for interviewing graduates of non-LCME (Liaison Committee on Medical Education) approved medical schools:
- Must have passed USMLE Step 1 before considered an interview and Step 2 before we enter our rank list. Must have graduated from medical school less than five years from the time of application. If more than two years have passed since graduation, you must have completed the 100 hours of Continuing Medical Education Units required to qualify for licensure in the State of Illinois.
- No VISAs are accepted.
- Must have ACLS Certification at time of resident appointment (online certification is not accepted)
For more information about our residency program, please contact:
Angel S. Page-Rivers
Residency Program Coordinator
Mercy Hospital and Medical Center
Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program
2525 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616-2477
Phone: (312) 567-2490
Fax: (312) 567-2628