Thank you for your interest in the OB/GYN residency program at Mercy Hospital and Medical Center!
Established in 1852 and located in Chicago’s historic Bronzeville district, Mercy is Chicago’s oldest chartered hospital and we’ve been serving our community for over 162 years.
Mercy combines the advanced capabilities of a major urban medical center with the humanistic focus of a community hospital. Our residents benefit from:
- A culturally diverse and challenging clinical population
- A busy setting that offers tremendous opportunity for direct involvement with a variety of procedures and patient types
- A rigorous academic program
- An exceptionally dedicated, approachable, and supportive teaching faculty
- A collegial environment that fosters both academic excellence and a strong sense of family
In keeping with our “Patients First” philosophy and our mission to serve, Mercy has strong ties to several community health centers. Our ethnically and economically diverse population offers Mercy residents a unique opportunity to become exposed to and involved with community health, while obtaining an excellent academic knowledge base.
We are proud of our commitment to resident education and the resultant success of our graduates – including a 100% oral board pass rate. Where are they now? Our graduates have gone on to become subspecialists, clinical teaching faculty, and successful private practitioners throughout the country.
As a graduate of the Mercy residency program, I invite you to see what our current residents have to say and consider how your educational experience could be enhanced by joining us at Mercy!
John E. Patterson III, MD, FACOG
Residency Program Director